Saturday, August 18, 2012

Yellow Shabby Chic

I made this card with a cute lemonade image from A Day for Daisies. The challenge was to use yellow and polka-dots. My Dotty for You paper pack did the trick! I used the sketch from the Sweet Stop. This is probably my favorite sketch EVER! I love it so much. I think I will use it over and over!
Materials used:
Paper: Dotty for You; Colonial White and Buttercup cardstock
Stamps: ADFD digital image (not CTMH)
Markers: Buttercup and Olive (retired)
Cricut Cartridge: Art Philosophy
Other: Not CTMH - doilie (Wilton), lace (Walmart), ribbon (stash), paper flowers (Prima), silk flowers (HL), charms & satin flowers (Walmart), pearls (Ms)

I also spray painted the flowers and lace and doilies with some regular white spray paint.

I used my Art Philosophy to make the cute leafy-branch die cuts for this challenge.

This crafting style has me out of my comfort zone, so I hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. I really, really like the softness of this card. And I think the sketch is a very usable one. Thanks for sharing! Great job on this card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and pretty! Love all the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card Sarah. I am so glad you like the sketch! :o) Your embellishments are fabulous... love the beauitiful arrangement of the flowers. The doily looks perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow did you nail our challenge! This is fabulous. :-) Thanks so much for joining us at the ADFD challenge!

    ReplyDelete