Saturday, March 16, 2013

Baby Card and Blanket

I made this baby blanket for a pregnant woman in our church, and she had her baby the other day. Today's challenges were perfect for making a card to go along with the blanket. I might see her at church tomorrow, so I wanted to have it ready just in case. The blanket's colors were analagous - red, pink, orange, and peach, and the challenge at Our Creative Corner was to make a square card using analagous colors. The sketch at Crazy4Challenges was square, so that worked out perfectly. Here is my card:

This card is very dimensional because of the rosette ribbon:

Here is the card with the blanket I crocheted:


Materials used:
Cardstock: Taffy, White Daisy, Hollyhock, Blush
Stamps: New Arrival
Ink: Ruby
Other: Pink Ribbon Assortment, Sunset Mini Medley, Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sarah
    Wow! Love it, love it, not just your card which is beautifully made,(love the rosette flowers)but also the gorgeous Blanket, what a very lucky lady who is going to receive this, I used to crochet so I recognise how much work is put into making Blankets. It will last for years as well.
    Thank you very much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner, we are just thrilled to see your work.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah- This card is wonderful, and I really like how it matches the blanket! what a super gift! You do such nice work! I am your newest follower. Great blog you have. Hope you will pop by mine as well. Cheers!

    Scraptastics1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete