Saturday, May 4, 2013

NSD

Today's National Scrapbooking Day, so I spent some time this morning making a few cards. We went to the park, and tonight I will spend some time scrapbooking. Here are the cards I made for a few challenges. The first one is for:

CAS-ual Fridays
A Day For Daisies


For this card I was to use a Day For Daisies image and add something lacy. For CAS-ual Fridays, the challenge was Tic-Tac-Toe. I chose polka dots (on her scarf), bling (there are black sparkles on the lace, and black & white. I chose the lace because I thought it went excellently with the image. The word art is from Word Art Wednesday. This is the third time I've used this particular verse. I really like it!

Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy
Stamps: digital images from A Day for Daisies and WAW
Other: black lace from my stash (not CTMH), Black Sparkles

The next card is for:

Less is More - use complimentary colors
CAS(E) this Sketch

I chose to use the colors orange and blue that are across from each other on the color wheel. It seems that when I play at Less is More, I never leave enough "white space." Well, today I hope I left enough "orange space" for them. :)


Materials used:
Cardstock: Sunset
B&Ts: Dotty for You, Pemberly
Stamps: Pun Fun
Ink: Outdoor Denim

The last card is for:

Sweet Stop Sketches
Our Creative Corner - Anything Goes
Crazy4Challenges

I thought my black washi tape was perfect for this card because of the colors - light pink, black, kraft, and cream. I also got to use my new floral ribbon; isn't it pretty?


Materials used:
Cardstock: Black, Kraft
Pattern paper: Rosewood from Colorbok (not CTMH)
Stamps: Card Chatter - Sympathy
Ink: VersaMark, White Daisy
Other: White Embossing Powder, Colonial White Rosette Ribbon, black washi tape from my stash (not CTMH)

15 comments:

  1. I just love this first card - it's so simple, but that elegant rich black lace just sets it off beautifully. Thanks for sharing your cards with us and playing along in our challenge. I am so grateful to have you share with us.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. The first card could also be shared in our Mother's Day Challenge at V's Sweet Ideas this month. The prize is a set of Lawn Fawn stamps of your choice. I hope you will stop by:
    www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

    Thanks SO MUCH for sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super bunch of cards, you have combined the challenges so well.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Sarah, clever idea combined all your challenges, fantastic and striking card for LIM, very vibrant.Well done.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    Less surely is MORE! The old fashioned image goes perfectly with the lace.
    We love seeing what you have created and posted with us this week.
    God Bless you,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are all very nice Sarah and I really like the chalkboard effect you've achieved on this last one. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are so beautiful. Your bee looks fabulous as line art, I'm always too quick to colour things in. Thanks for the inspiration.
    And thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cards and challenges you combine. I play in a lot of these challenges but never seem to be able to think through several challenges. Great going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the use of complementary colours in your punny card! Thank you for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really love you lim card
    Fabulous colour choice. Thanks for joining us the week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of these cards are gorgeous! I especially love the lace on your CAS-ual Fridays card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set of cards Sarah. Love the images and colors. Great job with the challenges. The lace is so pretty on the first one and the ribbon flower and washi tape is perfect on the last one. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely cards here Sarah. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cards! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your cards! thanks for sharing with us this week at The Sweet Stop! hope to see you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete