Monday, July 15, 2013

Album Contest - Layout #1

I tried to use a different, current paper pack for each of my album layouts. This one uses Buzz & Bumble. It has a food theme, and the B&B "honey" theme is a metaphor for food, as you'll see in the verse below. I thought it fit nicely. This layout really looks much better in person than in my photos. I'm just not a great photographer. Here is the whole layout:


The title is "for the Love of Cooking." Here is the left page with the first two flip flaps open:

Sorry it's so blurry. Here it is with both sets of flip flaps open:

The inside title says "and Eating." Here are close-ups of the journaling so you can read what I wrote. I made the journaling boxes by stamping the dotted stamp in "Enjoy!" several times.





Here is the verse on the right page:
I printed it out on my computer.

Here is a close-up of some of the embellishments:


I made these faux wax seals with the "Family Love" stamp set. I used about 5 layers of gold embossing powder before stamping into it. The flower layers were cut out on the Cricut with Art Philosophy in Buttercup and sanded. The center is just an antiqued gold stud. I used Artiste and Art Philosophy for the titles. The hexagons were cut out using Artiste and stamped with the "Honeycomb" stamp set in various colors.

Materials used:
Cardstock: Colonial White, Sunset, Champagne
B&Ts: Buzz & Bumble (out of stock)
Stamps: Family Love, Enjoy!, Honeycomb, A Typeface, It's Your Day (NSM promo)
Ink: Cocoa, Sunset, Buttercup, Crème Brulee, Goldrush, VersaMark
Other: Artiste, Art Philosophy, Bronze Glitter Paper, Durables Round Studs, Gold Embossing Powder, Black Marker (retired), Antiqued Gold Mini Medleys

No comments:

Post a Comment