Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Apple of my Eye

I wanted to make several cards this morning, but I only got around to making two. I just had to watch some episodes of Downton Abbey. This was the first one. I am participating in these challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches
Color Throwdown
Simon Says Stamps - Summer Food/Drink
Pile It On - Just because/thinking of you


I thought the colors in the Color Throwdown inspiration picture looked an awful lot like our Viva exclusive paper pack that we got at convention. I just had to throw some pink in there, and it was perfect. So I used Hollyhock as my card base. The apple was stamped in second generation Juniper. So the colors I chose (Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, and Rich Razzleberry) are Juniper, Sunset, Hollyhock, and Smokey Plum.


Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Hollyhock
B&Ts: Viva (convention exclusive)
Stamps: Mayberry WOTG
Ink: Smokey Plum, Juniper
Other: Sunset Baker's Twine

8 comments:

  1. Love how you stamped over the image of the apple - worked perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love that sweet, simple apple! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the apple and sentiment together! So sweet! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Sarah! I love that apple! Great colour combination! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! Love the way you used the color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo cute...love how you stamped the sentiment over the apple!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the design and muted colors! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute card with the tag!! hope to see you back this week to join us at Pile it on!! kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete