Saturday, January 3, 2015

Snowflakes

I am happy to be able to play along with some Saturday challenges today. My oldest daughter woke me up early. She had thoughtfully made me breakfast this morning (cold toast with a lump of butter on it!), so I decided that instead of going back to bed, I would make a card. The challenges are:

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - sketch
Crazy 4 Challenges - Clean and Simple
Just Us Girls - Winter
Less is More - Black, Metallic, + one


For my plus one at Less is More, I used Dutch Blue. It is a retired color, but I have a lot of it. I really like it with this combination. I used a snowflake embossing folder and some shimmer trim for the diagonal line. The two snowflakes are from 2 different Cricut cartridges.



Materials used:
Cardstock: Dutch Blue, White Daisy
Stamps: Say It In Style
Ink: Black
Other: Silver Shimmer Trim, Art Philosophy & Artbooking Cricut Cartridges, embossing folder (Cuttlebug - not CTMH), silver sequins (not CTMH)

13 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! Happy New Year to you and the family. I LOVE this color combo - so perfect for Winter and Christmas! Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT this week with your gorgeous card. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Happy 2015 xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with all of the challenges! Love the pretty blue with the snowy embossed background......very pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A striking and cool card Sarah.
    Love your colour choice and take on the challenge.
    Thanks for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sarah. Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - I love the colours - and so sweet of your daughter to make you breakfast.
    Happy new year to you. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card....glad you got an early start to your day! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card with beautiful colours - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah - great to see you join in with the sketch challenge. I really like your frosty take! The embossed snowflake background, silver glitter panel and fab snowflake - just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful color combo! Thanks for joining us at 52 CCT
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous textured background, and I love your snowflake. Great take on the challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really pretty!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarah, love your take on our sketch, that snowflake looks great on the embossed background. Thanks for joining in with us at 52CCT
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete